General rules for responsible dog owners may vary depending upon the state, region and/or council that you are in. It is recommended that you check these rules and regulations with the local authorities prior to visiting any public place.
As a general rule, dogs will be required to be:
- Leashed within a public area unless otherwise stated or within a designated off leash exercise area
- To be under effective control by their owner at all times
- Micro chipped and registered with the local authority
- Wearing a collar and name tag
Dogs are generally prohibited from:
- National Parks and Conservation Parks
- Children’s playground areas
- Public BBQ and picnic facilities
- Public bathing areas
- Shopping centres
As a responsible owner, you are expected to:
- Clean up after your dog
- Prevent your dog from becoming a nuisance to others
- Ensure that you have your dog under effective control at all times
- Keep your dog on a leash in all areas not designated as off leash
Information provided on this website is intended to help dog owners find suitable places and services near to them. Information may not be accurate, therefore it is the dog owners responsibilities to check the rules and regulations with the relevant authorities prior to visiting a public place.
DogExplorer does not take any responsibility with relation to the content published on this website and therefore the user uses this website at their own risk.